Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lit circle discussion for Thunder Cave

              Discussing the literature circle with my friends allowed me to understand the character Jacob and the story better. In our group dicussions, I am able to share my ideas and listen to my group's ideas too. Sharing ideas in a group gives me a better understanding of the story. The different opinions give me more and more ideas on how to write my literature circle. I think it's cool and interesting that different people can have different opinions and explanations about the same passage. I guess it's because we are from different parts of the world. We also shared our connections and see if they are connected to the passage that we picked. Hearing personal connections helps me to understand not only the story but my friends too. Having group dicussions like this is fun and at the same time we are able to learn from each other. It is also interesting that the same story has so many interpretations and I really enjoyed hearing my friends telling their version of the story.
              I thought our group connected very well. Some of us chose the same passage .Obviously we connected in the choice of passage but some of us chose it for the same reasons but others chose it for different reasons. We may not have had the same opinion all the time,but we were interested to hear what the others had to say. Through sharing I was sometimes influenced by some of my group's opinion. So some of us were connected in opinions after the discussions. I also found that some of our personal experiences that we shared were quite similar and so we were able to relate to each others' feelings and thoughts during the discussions. I think I might get a better understanding about my group with more of these discussions.
          
              I predict that Jacob will find his bicycle and probably blend in with a herd of zebras.I predict that the pendant Jacob found in his mother's room will help him one day. I also predict that Jacob will go back with his dad to get his mom's jewelery back. But I think it won't be easy or simple. There will be surprises for Jacob, like how his bike was stolen. I predict that Jacob will use his survival skills well. Therefore I think that this story will have a  happy ending!
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment